I'm planning on writing more about myself that hopefully won't bore you to tears, but I'm just too busy right now. (Flashback: I wrote these words in 1996. I'm still too busy. Funny that.) The thing is, I keep reaching these "plateaus" in my life where I'm busier than I thought I could ever be, yet deluded that I'll get less busy. Somehow I get more busy until I reach another plateau of previously unfathomable busyness. But at least I'm not bored.
My experience with the Internet began in 1984 (using BitNet, actually). I dabbled in e-mail, Usenet, and FTP. After a few years of abstinence I rediscovered it in November of 1994. Boy had it changed! It wasn't just text anymore. I wrote my first HTML document in December 1994. I never thought I'd be a publisher. Now everyone can make vacuous information look good!
Here's my old office at Videodiscovery. Here's where my office at Microsoft in Building 27 was. Here's Sonic, another company I used to work for. It's a long walk from there to where I live (799 miles, to be exact). Here's before and after pictures of my house (notice big ugly construction junk right in the middle of the view).
- Apr 11
- Updated various things, including prediction results.
- Dec 04
- New maps of Microsoft and Fox Island.
- Jun 02
- New maps of Sonic and Fox Island.
- Jul 00
- New picture of me on my main page.
- Feb 00
- Map of Microsoft on this page.
- Nov 96
- Even more From the Brain of Jeff. (lemmings, meeting people, men and drugs)
- Nov 96
- A new prediction from me. We'll have to wait 18 years to see if I'm right. Also one from Western Union.
- A novel nugget From the Brain of Jeff. (Yojimbo)
- Oct 96
- Predictions from Edison. 'Guess he wasn't so smart after all!
- Wads of new items From the Brain of Jeff. (Plan 9, meteorologist, velociraptor, German, sound effects, romantic triangle)
- July 96
- Predictions from me (recipe computers) and D.W. Griffith. Results of Personal Finance Newsletter's bad advice.
- A new zinger From the Brain of Jeff. (Shaving Cats)
- Added the cool NetMind link and the even cooler maps of my office and my house.
- Apr 96
- Predictions from me (DVD-ROM) and Popular Mechanics. Plus analyses of my predictions.
- Fresh goodies From the Brain of Jeff. (Toggle Bolt, Cat Food)
- Jan 96
- Lots of new predictions from other people.
- New stuff From the Brain of Jeff. (Tendrils of Life, Fran Tarkenton)
- Dec 95
- I got brave and made another prediction. Personal Finance Newsletter got stupid and made a financial prediction.
- Some more From the Brain of Jeff. (Epilady, Naughty Bits)
- Nov 95
- Removed links page. Who cares about my links anyway? Go to Yahoo if you want links. (Flashback: I wrote those words when Yahoo was little more than an organized list of links to other Web sites.)
- I mused a bit more.
- Yet more From the Brain of Jeff. (Frozen TV)
- Sep 95
- A few changes and a bit more rambling on this page.
- Even more From the Brain of Jeff. (The Twinkie)
- May 95
- More From the Brain of Jeff.
04 Apr 2011