planning on writing more about myself that hopefully won't bore you to tears,
but I'm just too busy right now. (Flashback: I wrote these words in 1996.
I'm still too busy. Funny that.) The thing is, I keep reaching these "plateaus"
in my life where I'm busier than I thought I could ever be, yet deluded that
I'll get less busy. Somehow I get more busy until I reach another plateau of
busyness. But at least I'm not bored.
My experience with the Internet began in 1984
(using BitNet, actually). I dabbled in e-mail, Usenet, and FTP. After a few
years of abstinence I rediscovered it in
November of 1994. Boy had it changed! It wasn't just text anymore. I wrote my
first HTML document in December 1994. I never thought I'd be a publisher. Now
everyone can make vacuous information look good!
I used to program in Pascal, C, and HyperTalk.
Then I got too busy to use a real programming language so I used AppleScript,
PAL (Paradox), Access BASIC, and Visual BASIC. Now I just use HTML and a bit of
application development agent software and let it do everything.
Here's my old office at
Videodiscovery. Here's where my office at Microsoft in
Building 27 was. Here's
another company I used to work for. It's a long walk from there to
where I live (799 miles, to be exact). Here's
after pictures of my house (notice big ugly
construction junk right in the middle of the
- Apr 11
- Updated various things, including prediction results.
- Dec 04
- New maps of Microsoft and Fox Island.
- Jun 02
- New maps of Sonic and Fox Island.
- Jul 00
- New picture of me on my main page.
- Feb 00
- Map of Microsoft on this page.
- Nov 96
- Even more From the Brain of Jeff. (lemmings,
meeting people, men and drugs)
- Nov 96
- A new prediction from me. We'll have to wait 18
years to see if I'm right. Also one from Western Union.
- A novel nugget From the Brain of Jeff.
- Oct 96
- Predictions from Edison. 'Guess he wasn't so
smart after all!
- Wads of new items From the Brain of Jeff. (Plan
9, meteorologist, velociraptor, German, sound effects, romantic triangle)
- July 96
- Predictions from me (recipe computers) and D.W.
Griffith. Results of Personal Finance Newsletter's bad advice.
- A new zinger From the Brain of Jeff. (Shaving
- Added the cool NetMind link and the even cooler maps of my office and my
- Apr 96
- Predictions from me (DVD-ROM) and Popular
Mechanics. Plus analyses of my predictions.
- Fresh goodies From the Brain of Jeff. (Toggle
Bolt, Cat Food)
- Jan 96
- Lots of new predictions from other people.
- New stuff From the Brain of Jeff. (Tendrils of
Life, Fran Tarkenton)
- Dec 95
- I got brave and made another prediction.
Personal Finance Newsletter got stupid and made a financial prediction.
- Some more From the Brain of Jeff. (Epilady,
- Nov 95
- Removed links page. Who cares about my links anyway? Go to
Yahoo if you want links. (Flashback: I
wrote those words when Yahoo was little more than an
organized list of links to other Web sites.)
- I mused a bit more.
- Yet more From the Brain of Jeff. (Frozen TV)
- Sep 95
- A few changes and a bit more rambling on this page.
- Even more From the Brain of Jeff. (The Twinkie)
- May 95
- More From the Brain of Jeff.
04 Apr 2011